I live and learn – and when something isn’t going as I hoped, I’m not too proud to admit I was mistaken.
I was really pleased when I found there was a way to post my Twitter updates to my blog as a single day’s update – I thought it would be a great way to share my rather unusual lifestyle with people – and I still think it was worth a try. But the experiment has been a mixed success, so I’ve decided to change tack. The Twitter updates will still be available, but over at a new blog that I have set up for the purpose. So this blog will no longer be cluttered with the minutiae of my life.
Initially I had hoped that the advantages would be:
1. Even when I didn’t have a spare hour to sit down and write a full blog, there would still be something new appearing on the site.
2. Especially in the final days before my next row, life is getting intense and interesting, and I’d hoped to share this.
3. I wanted to make my Twitter postings available to non-Twitterers, so you wouldn’t feel you were missing out on an aspect of my online postings.
But there were several problems with the LoudTwitter postings:
1. The formatting wasn’t too pretty.
2. For non-Twitterers, things like RT, @ and hashtags were confusing.
3. The Twitter blogs drowned out the “quality” blogs and important announcements.
So after a week’s pilot scheme, I have decided to redirect the Twitter-blogs to a different blog that I have set up specifically for the purpose. If you liked them, you can now find them over at