I am sure homework didn’t used to be this hard. I have to describe my message in 3 phrases of no more than 15 words. The phrases should be comprehensive (cover everything I want to say) and mutually exclusive (no overlap in meaning).
Sounds simple, but very difficult. You try it and let me know how you get on.
Meanwhile, I’d appreciate a vote. I’ve got 5 contenders for the 3 slots. Which 3 do you think are strongest? Do they overlap? Do you think there is something entirely different I should have said and haven’t?
Feedback or your own 3 messages welcomed. Please post them as comments – don’t email them to me personally, as I’d love to open this up for discussion.
Here are our 5 contenders:
1. Courage is having such a big reason WHY that it overcomes your fears.
2. You can achieve almost anything, if you take it one oarstroke at a time.
3. Ask big questions and seek big answers – of yourself, of your leaders, of life.
4. Happiness is not what you own, or even what you achieve, but what you are.
5. The stories you tell yourself about what is possible will define – or confine – you.